Celebrity Red Carpet Nails: Get the Look
For me, when I go to choose a nail polish, 9 times out of 10, I’ll choose red.
There is something so simple, yet alluring, about red polish – which is why I love it so much!
Although red is great, it is nice to switch it up every once and a while,
so why not look to our fellow celebs for some manicure inspiration.
Below are some lacquer-inspo’s from this years red carpet’s to get you all out of your comfort zone and trying something new!
Which colours are you wanting to try??
Let us know in the comments!
15 Favourite Products of 2013
Hey guys, so I thought I would give everyone some insight as to my favourite and most used beauty products from 2013.
I personally don’t really wear a lot of make up during the week (call me lazy), so the majority of this list are essential products, most of which I discovered last year, and now I can’t live without!
1. Nioxin – This shampoo has been my hair’s life saviour. Each shampoo ranges in numbers, from 1-5. Each number is based upon the thickness or treatment in which applies to your hair. I use the number 2 shampoo and condition (for fine hair). It literally has to be one of the best shampoos I have ever used. My hair still smells amazing even after I straighten it! Not to mention it has thickened my hair, and no longer looks dull. This shampoo is a little on the pricey side, ($60-80) but you can find it at Homesense or Winners for half the price.
2. L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Replenishing Mask – All of my girlfriends know that this is by far my favourite hair product. They all refer to it as my ‘hair crack’ because I literally can’t go without it. Ranging from $4-6 dollars, you get way more bang for your buck! This product has made my hair the smoothest and shiniest it has ever been, and I always get compliments because of it! It can be found at Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart.
3. Seche Vite – The best top coat I have ever used. Leaves your nails smooth and shiny, and literally is resistant to just about anything that touches your nails. Once you go Seche, you never go back! Can usually be found at any beauty supply store, sometimes at Winners. Ranges in price from $9-15 dollars.
4. OPI: Got The Blues for Red – OPI is the only nail polish I’ll ever use, I find it has the best brush and glides on the easiest. This colour has been my go-to red for the past year, and I don’t think it’ll ever change! Sells on average for $8, and can usually be found at any beauty supply store.
5. L’Oreal BB Cream – I just recently discovered this product and it has made a world of a difference. Perfect for those stubborn blemishes which are the hardest to cover! Goes on white, and then blends to your colour. Such an amazing product. Around $7, and can be found at your local Wal-Mart or Shoppers Drug Mart
6. Boots No7 Protect and Perfect Body Serum – I’m such a stickler when it comes to making sure that I moisturize every single day. Being that I live in Canada, the winter is just brutal on your skin. I’ve tried and tested a million and one moisturizers, and have found such a great product. Smells great and isn’t sticky or greasy. Ranges on average for $12, and can be found at your local Target
7. Ponds Face Cream – Introduced to me by my grandmother (heading towards the age of 70, and still looks 45) might I add, is literally the best face cream ever. I know that’s a bold statement, but I’ve suggested this cream to every single one of my girlfriends and now they all swear by it! It is a thick cream, so if you want something light, I wouldn’t suggest this one – but it is perfect for completely revitalizing and replenishing the moisture back into your skin! Ranges on average for $5-8, and can be found at Wal-Mart, Target, or Shoppers Drug Mart.
8. Givenchy Hot Couture – If you like a sweet smelling perfume, and love to receive compliments on how great you smell just about everywhere you go, this is the perfume for you. I used to use this perfume back in high school, and just recently jumped on the bandwagon again, and now I can’t get enough! Ranges on average $80 for the 50ml, and $100 for the 100ml, and can be found at Shoppers, The Bay or Holt Renfrew.
9. Sonia Kashuk Eyelashes – Due to the fact that I don’t have very full lashes, I like to wear falsies on the weekends when I got out (so I actually look awake). Sonia Kashuk makes great, inexpensive, and longggg lasting lashes. I put mine through the ringer on weekends, and these last forever. Ranges on average for $5-8, and can be found at your local Target
10. Forever21 Eyelash Curler – Okay. So I just discovered this curler about 2 weeks ago, and I literally cannot get enough. They make your lashes look amazing, and even stay curled without mascara. I bring this thing everywhere I go. Priced at $3 from Forever 21
11. DUO Eyelash Adhesive in Black – Just about the best glue I have ever used. It’s great if you’re applying lashes for the first time and wearing liner, it won’t look messy. The black gives your eyes that extra umph, and smokey look for the weekends. Ranges on average for $4-12 (depending on size), and can be found at Sephora, or any beauty supply store
12. Hourglass Brow Pencil in Brunette – Filling in your brow makes the WORLD of a difference, if you’ve never tried it, please do it! This is such a great pencil, and amazing for accuracy (especially for first time users). The pencil is angled, so you’re able to get into every spot. Priced at $40, and found at Sephora
13. Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette – I like to use this product to set in my pencil for a more natural look on my brows. The shades are perfect, and work with just about every hair colour. Great product, and definitely one of my necessities. Priced at $30, and found at Sephora
14. Sephora Collection Sun Disk – One of my favourite bronzers that I have ever used, and it lasts forever. I found this a couple years back and still swear by it! The colour is great because it gives you that beachy, sun-kissed look, without coming off as orange. Priced at $25, and found at Sephora
15. Givenchy Kabuki Bronzer Brush – I’ve used a million and one kabuki brushes in my day, and this has to be one of my favourites. It’s amazing when blending your bronzer, and the colour goes on evenly. My usual problems with kabuki brushes is that they tend to shed, and this one hardly does, if not at all. Priced at $55 and found at Sephora
I hope you guys go out and try these products, they’re all amazing!
When you do, let me know what you think!!
– Amanda, xx